- 1 large egg or 2 small ones
- 3 small-medium zucchinis
- 1.5 cups grated parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- Mild tomato sauce OR pesto
- Grated firm mozzarella cheese OR sliced fresh mozzarella cheese Ricotta cheese or goat cheese, for small dollops on top (optional Assorted vegetables.
- Pre-sauté for extra flavor, especially if you’re using onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- A little italian parsley or basil is nice too; the basil can be added fresh after the pizza is cooked, and the parsley is nice in the sauté.
- Finely chopped greens are nice.
- Fresh tomatoes can be added after the pizza is cooked too.
- Any topics you want to add that you normally would to pizza.
- In a large bowl, combine zucchini and egg substitute. Stir in flour and salt. Spread onto the bottom of a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Sprinkle with the mozzarella, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, oregano, basil and Parmesan cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until onion is tender and cheese is melted. Yield: 6 slices.
Recipe found on Taste Of Home
- 1 zucchini, sliced in large rounds at an angle
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 2 generous tablespoons grated cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper
- sprinkling of cayenne powder or crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Pour the milk in one small bowl and both bread crumbs, cheese, cayenne and salt and pepper in another bowl. Dip the zucchini rounds in the milk, then the crumbs mixture, pressing down to adhere the crumbs to the zucchini. Place on a wire rack coated with cooking spray on top of a cookie sheet, and bake for 30 minutes.
Recipe found on The Boot
- baked zucchini sticks (danyalikestocook.wordpress.com)
- Baked Zucchini “Zuk” Fries with Greek Yogurt & Sriracha Dipping Sauce (emilyalwayscooks.com)
- Zucchini Parmesan Balls (kissmyingredients.com)
- Zucchini…today it’s a boat! (fork-lore.com)
- Zucchini and Tomato Parmesan Casserole (cantstayoutofthekitchen.com)
- Baked Zucchini Fries (stylingmyeveryday.com)