- 1 cup uncooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced cucumber
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/3 cup onion
- 1 vegetable (or chicken) broth cube
- feta cheese
- greek dressing
- Boil 2 cups water with vegetable broth cube. Once boiling, add quinoa.
- In the meantime, cut vegetables.
- Once water is absorbed, remove quinoa and add vegetables, feta and dressing.
- Can be 2 servings, as Quinoa expands.
- Serve and enjoy!
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 can black beans, rinsed and drained (about 1 cup or so)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 2 celery stalks, finely diced
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, diced
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp seasoning salt
- salt & pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 7 sweet peppers, any color
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Tex Mex blend cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cook quinoa in a pot with the 2 cups of water until done. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan; mix black beans, carrot, celery, onion, garlic, peas, corn, water chestnuts, and spices. Cook over medium heat until veggies are soft and mixture is heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked quinoa and tomato sauce. (You can use more tomato sauce if you like. It just acts as a bit of a binding agent BUT if you like saucier peppers then, by all means, add more tomato sauce!)
Cut tops off of peppers and place in prepared 9 X 13 pan.
Sprinkle 1 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese into the bottom of each pepper.
- Fill peppers with the quinoa mixture. Top with 1 Tbsp of the Tex Mex cheese.
Bake at 350 for 35 – 45 minutes. Until pepper is browned around the top and has softened.
Depending on the size of your peppers you will get between 6 to 8 peppers out of this recipe.
Recipe found on Jo and Sue